Ninja generator RSP handling on Windows

Stephan.Szabo

Hello,

We have a cross-compilation toolchain we’re using on Windows with Ninja (and Visual Studio) that is primarily built upon Clang, however our “-ar” tool is built expecting RSP files with line break delimiters. We notice that the Ninja generator explicitly switches to the space based RSP format when built _WIN32 and the compiler id is GNU or Clang and not simulating MSVC.

Currently as a workaround, our toolchain file is setting the ar to a script that modifies RSP files given on the command line and then passes things along to the actual tool, but we’re wondering if there’s a better way.

Thanks,

Stephan