New Visual Studio project types

Robert Bielik-4
Hi all,

With the "new" Cross-platform project types in VS2015+ (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2016/03/30/visual-c-for-linux-development/), it's almost ridiculously easy and fun to develop X-platform on f.i. the raspberry pi.

I have a CMake based console app which I'd like to use with the X-platform tools above, is this in the works for the CMake VS generator ? Any other ideas on how to cram in an existing CMake project with the VC linux dev stuff ?

Regards
/Robert

Re: New Visual Studio project types

Robert Bielik-4
Ideally, I would like to:
1. Develop in Visual Studio
2. Cross-compile on the Windows Linux subsystem
3. Run/debug the code on a Raspberry Pi

Maybe too much to ask for 😝

Regards
/R

Hendrik Sattler
This is not cross-platform:
"Today Visual Studio only supports building remotely on the Linux target machine."

Am 16. April 2017 08:19:49 MESZ schrieb Robert Bielik <[hidden email]>:

>Hi all,
>
>With the "new" Cross-platform project types in VS2015+
>(https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2016/03/30/visual-c-for-linux-development/),
>it's almost ridiculously easy and fun to develop X-platform on f.i. the
>raspberry pi.
>
>I have a CMake based console app which I'd like to use with the
>X-platform tools above, is this in the works for the CMake VS generator
>? Any other ideas on how to cram in an existing CMake project with the
>VC linux dev stuff ?
>
>Regards
>/Robert

Re: New Visual Studio project types

Robert Bielik-4
Still, it is supported by visual studio, to build remotely, on Linux. I would like to take advantage of that with my current cmake projects, which I cannot do today.