New CMake book released

Craig Scott-3
Hi all, please forgive the shameless self-promotion, but I figured this is the right community of people to inform. ;)

I've just released a new book which aims to fill the gap for those wanting to learn CMake and its latest best practices. Hopefully this is helpful for those of you wanting a more structured guide or some real world advice on using CMake in anger. I'll spare you all the rest of the spiel, you can get all the details including a free sample chapter from the following link:

https://crascit.com/professional-cmake/

And yes, before you ask, I do use CMake to drive the build that produces the digital copy. :P

Enjoy!

--
Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia

Re: New CMake book released

Steven Stallion
Nice Job! I've spent an inordinate amount of time helping folks come
up to speed on some of the darker corners of CMake the last few years
and it's great to have something to point to rather than my
hodge-podge of collected notes.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 8:11 AM, Craig Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all, please forgive the shameless self-promotion, but I figured this is
> the right community of people to inform. ;)
>
> I've just released a new book which aims to fill the gap for those wanting
> to learn CMake and its latest best practices. Hopefully this is helpful for
> those of you wanting a more structured guide or some real world advice on
> using CMake in anger. I'll spare you all the rest of the spiel, you can get
> all the details including a free sample chapter from the following link:
>
> https://crascit.com/professional-cmake/
>
> And yes, before you ask, I do use CMake to drive the build that produces the
> digital copy. :P
>
> Enjoy!
>
> --
> Craig Scott
> Melbourne, Australia
> https://crascit.com

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Re: New CMake book released

Alfred Sawaya
Hello Craig,

Thanks for the book, looking forward to buy it :)

Also, there is a typo/mistake on the free sample, p.103, it is written MinRizeRel instead of MinSizeRel.

It would be great to have it in e-book format (compatible with the kindle for example).

Regards,

Cordialement,

Alfred Sawaya

Re: New CMake book released

Masaru Tsuchiyama
Hello Craig

Will it be available at https://www.safaribooksonline.com/ ?
If you have no plan to support it, could you consider to do?

Regards.
Masaru.