NVIDIA Nsight Tegra settings

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NVIDIA Nsight Tegra settings

Robert Bielik-4
Ok, learning as I go along 😃

The settings are documented here: https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.12/prop_tgt/ANDROID_STL_TYPE.html#prop_tgt:ANDROID_STL_TYPE which does not mention LLVM c++ library.

But the NVIDIA Tegra extension for Visual Studio can handle LLVM, as it is settable in the projection settings in VS.

Does CMake need an update for this ?

Regards
/R

> -----Original Message-----
> From: CMake <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of Robert Bielik
> Sent: den 19 november 2018 12:48
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [CMake] Visual Studio ARM generator
>
> Ok, I'm now running with the Android x-compilation stuff via NVIDIA Tegra,
> however, I'm at a loss how to define STL type. It need to use the LLVM c++
> libs, but I find no documentation on what to set for
> CMAKE_ANDROID_STL_TYPE to achieve this.
>
> Help?
>
> Regards
> /R
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: CMake <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of Robert Bielik
> > Sent: den 19 november 2018 08:21
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: [CMake] Visual Studio ARM generator
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > With CMake 3.12.3, trying to use generator "Visual Studio 15 2017 ARM" I
> get:
> >
> > The C compiler identification is unknown
> > The CXX compiler identification is unknown
> > CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:6 (project):
> >   No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.
> > CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:6 (project):
> >   No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.
> >
> > The VC++ mobile development tools (Android,iOS) are installed. Is this
> > supposed to work ?
> >
> > Regards
> > /Robert
> >
> > --
> >
> > Powered by www.kitware.com
> >
> > Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at:
> > http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ
> >
> > Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more
> > information on each offering, please visit:
> >
> > CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
> > CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
> > CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html
> >
> > Visit other Kitware open-source projects at
> > http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
> >
> > Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
> > https://cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
> --
>
> Powered by www.kitware.com
>
> Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ
>
> Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more
> information on each offering, please visit:
>
> CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
> CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
> CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html
>
> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at
> http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
>
> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
> https://cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
--

Powered by www.kitware.com

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more information on each offering, please visit:

CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
https://cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NVIDIA Nsight Tegra settings

Robert Bielik-4
Ok, found it. The value for CMAKE_ANDROID_STL_TYPE is the filename of one of the .props files under:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\PlatformToolsets\Stl"

And LLVM is "llvm-libc++_shared" and "llvm-libc++_static". So code generation and linking now works, however now I need to figure out how to deploy the program to the android device...

Regards
/R

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Robert Bielik <[hidden email]>
> Sent: den 19 november 2018 12:57
> To: Robert Bielik <[hidden email]>; [hidden email]
> Subject: NVIDIA Nsight Tegra settings
>
> Ok, learning as I go along 😃
>
> The settings are documented here:
> https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.12/prop_tgt/ANDROID_STL_TYPE.html#p
> rop_tgt:ANDROID_STL_TYPE which does not mention LLVM c++ library.
>
> But the NVIDIA Tegra extension for Visual Studio can handle LLVM, as it is
> settable in the projection settings in VS.
>
> Does CMake need an update for this ?
>
> Regards
> /R
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: CMake <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of Robert Bielik
> > Sent: den 19 november 2018 12:48
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Re: [CMake] Visual Studio ARM generator
> >
> > Ok, I'm now running with the Android x-compilation stuff via NVIDIA Tegra,
> > however, I'm at a loss how to define STL type. It need to use the LLVM c++
> > libs, but I find no documentation on what to set for
> > CMAKE_ANDROID_STL_TYPE to achieve this.
> >
> > Help?
> >
> > Regards
> > /R
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: CMake <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of Robert Bielik
> > > Sent: den 19 november 2018 08:21
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Subject: [CMake] Visual Studio ARM generator
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > With CMake 3.12.3, trying to use generator "Visual Studio 15 2017 ARM" I
> > get:
> > >
> > > The C compiler identification is unknown
> > > The CXX compiler identification is unknown
> > > CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:6 (project):
> > >   No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.
> > > CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:6 (project):
> > >   No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.
> > >
> > > The VC++ mobile development tools (Android,iOS) are installed. Is this
> > > supposed to work ?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > /Robert
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Powered by www.kitware.com
> > >
> > > Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at:
> > > http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ
> > >
> > > Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For
> more
> > > information on each offering, please visit:
> > >
> > > CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
> > > CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
> > > CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html
> > >
> > > Visit other Kitware open-source projects at
> > > http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
> > >
> > > Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
> > > https://cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
> > --
> >
> > Powered by www.kitware.com
> >
> > Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at:
> > http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ
> >
> > Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more
> > information on each offering, please visit:
> >
> > CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
> > CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
> > CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html
> >
> > Visit other Kitware open-source projects at
> > http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
> >
> > Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
> > https://cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
--

Powered by www.kitware.com

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more information on each offering, please visit:

CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
https://cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake