My previous message

Osman Zakir
Did no one see my previous message here?  About the CMake errors in the Docker image.  I really don't know how to fix this so some help would really be appreciated.  It really is mainly about CMake right now, not Docker itself.  Both the Dockerfile and the part of the build output with errors from CMake are attached to this message.

I don't know what I could try either, or else I really would've tried something before sending a message here.

dockerfile (3K) Download Attachment
dockerfile_error.txt (20K) Download Attachment

Re: My previous message

Craig Scott-3
You are using sudo for your git operations and to make directories, then trying to run cmake inside those directories without sudo. CMake won't be able to write to directories created (and therefore owned) by root in most cases (unless you have a very permissive umask set). I'd recommend not using sudo to do the git clone or directory creation. Running cmake under sudo would not be recommended.

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 6:22 PM Osman Zakir <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did no one see my previous message here?  About the CMake errors in the Docker image.  I really don't know how to fix this so some help would really be appreciated.  It really is mainly about CMake right now, not Docker itself.  Both the Dockerfile and the part of the build output with errors from CMake are attached to this message.

I don't know what I could try either, or else I really would've tried something before sending a message here.

Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia

Re: My previous message

Osman Zakir
I tried to do it before, but it won't let me clone the repository without sudo for some reason.

Re: My previous message

Raymond Wan-2

On 4/11/2018 4:01 PM, Osman Zakir wrote:
> I tried to do it before, but it won't let me clone the
> repository without sudo for some reason.

I have little experience with Docker -- actually, none.  But
as several people have hinted to you already, this doesn't
seem like a CMake issue.

For example, from this statement above, it sounds like you
have a problem with why you have to use sudo to clone the
repository.  You got around this problem by using sudo, but
that has opened up other problems that make you believe it
is an issue with CMake.

Personally, I have never cloned a repository using sudo.
"sudo" is really a last resort, and every time one has to
use it, one should ask if there is a better way.  At most, I
would clone it with my own account and then perform the
installation step (i.e., "make install" using sudo).  Of
course, if you have to use "sudo" to compile, then that's
also an issue but not related to CMake.

Anyway, in case no one else can give you better advice than
this, I suggest you take a step back and look at why you
have to use sudo to clone.  This might mean that you should
ask a Docker mailing list for help.

Ray

PS:  Apologies if something I said here is incorrect.
Honestly, I haven't followed your problem from the very
beginning.