Modules standardization...

Asmodehn Shade
Hi,

First sorry if this has been addressed in the past but I could find any reference to it...

I am using a Module FindFoo.cmake.

I know I am expecting it to set FOO_FOUND and other variables such as FOO_INCLUDE_DIR, FOO_LIBRARIES, etc.

My question is : what is the exact operation that I should use to transform Foo in FOO...

I am having a problem now because I am writing a simple macro that takes the name of the package, and then check the different variables after the find_package() call.
If it works like a charm with "SDL" -> "SDL", I m having issues for "SDL_image" -> "SDLIMAGE" for example...

So I was wondering if there is a proper way of transforming the name of the package into the name of the variables the module checks.

Thanks a lot for the help ;-)

--
Alex

Re: Modules standardization...

Matt McCormick
Asmodehn Shade <asmodehn@...> writes:

> Hi,First sorry if this has been addressed in the past but I could find any
reference to it...I am using a Module FindFoo.cmake.I know I am expecting it to
set FOO_FOUND and other variables such as FOO_INCLUDE_DIR, FOO_LIBRARIES, etc.My
question is : what is the exact operation that I should use to transform Foo in
FOO...I am having a problem now because I am writing a simple macro that takes
the name of the package, and then check the different variables after the
find_package() call.

That seems like something that should be documented here...
http://www.cmake.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Modules/readme.txt?root=CMake&view=markup

looking at /usr/share/cmake/Modules, the convention seems to be CamelCase with
ALL CAPS for abbreviations, though not all seem to follow to unified trend.