Module CMakeParseArguments: confusing last paragraph in documentation

Module CMakeParseArguments: confusing last paragraph in documentation

Marcel Loose
Hi all,

Several times I've read the last paragraph of the documentation of module CMakeParseArguments, but I can't get my head around it.

Keywords terminate lists of values, e.g. if directly after a one_value_keyword another recognized keyword follows, this is interpreted as the beginning of the new option. E.g. my_install(TARGETS foo DESTINATION OPTIONAL) would result in MY_INSTALL_DESTINATION set to “OPTIONAL”, but MY_INSTALL_DESTINATION would be empty and MY_INSTALL_OPTIONAL would be set to TRUE therefor.

Huh? [...] MY_INSTALL_DESTINATION will be set to "OPTIONAL", but would be empty [...] ???

Reading the first sentence of this paragraph, I concluded that MY_INSTALL_DESTINATION will be empty, not would be.

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.

loose.vcf (304 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Module CMakeParseArguments: confusing last paragraph in documentation

Marcel Loose
I guess that would imply that "not" is missing twice,
[...] would not be empty [...]
and
[...] would not be set to TRUE [...].

Marcel.