Mac OSX GUI

Steven Wilson-2
Is there an actual GUI for Mac OSX (Similar to Windows) other than the curses GUI?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Mac OSX GUI

David Cole
cmake-gui is available on mac, Linux and windows since CMake 2.6.0...

HTH,
David

On Saturday, December 12, 2009, Steven Wilson
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there an actual GUI for Mac OSX (Similar to Windows) other than the curses GUI?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Re: Mac OSX GUI

Steven Wilson-2
Do you have to do something special to turn it on when you build(2.8.0) CMake on OS X?   My bin directory that contains cmake/ccmake/etc... does not contain a cmake-gui program.

Thanks,

Steve

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there an actual GUI for Mac OSX (Similar to Windows) other than the curses GUI?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Re: Mac OSX GUI

Michael Wild
You need to have Qt installed.

http://qt.nokia.com/products

If you only want to build Qt software (i.e. don't care about the IDE), make sure you only download the library package (163MB) and not the SDK (444MB).

Michael

On 13. Dec, 2009, at 17:09 , Steven Wilson wrote:

> Do you have to do something special to turn it on when you build(2.8.0)
> CMake on OS X?   My bin directory that contains cmake/ccmake/etc... does not
> contain a cmake-gui program.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 11:32 AM, David Cole <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> cmake-gui is available on mac, Linux and windows since CMake 2.6.0...
>>
>> HTH,
>> David
>>

>> On Saturday, December 12, 2009, Steven Wilson
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Is there an actual GUI for Mac OSX (Similar to Windows) other than the
>> curses GUI?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Steve

Re: Mac OSX GUI

Bill Hoffman
Michael Wild wrote:
> You need to have Qt installed.
>
> http://qt.nokia.com/products
>
> If you only want to build Qt software (i.e. don't care about the IDE), make sure you only download the library package (163MB) and not the SDK (444MB).

You can also download the CMake binary for OSX from Kitware it includes
the gui.

-Bill

Re: Mac OSX GUI

Steven Wilson-2
I downloaded/installed the Qt libraries (the Cocoa libs), and rebuilt CMake 2.8.0.   I'm using a customized version of CMake 2.8.0 so the stock binaries from Kitware won't work for my project.   The gui builds correctly and I can run the gui from the CMake 2.8.0.app bundle in the build directory.   After running make install, trying to run the CMake 2.8.0.app bundle from /usr/local just results in the app crashing on startup.   I'm running OS X 10.6.2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Bill Hoffman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Michael Wild wrote:
You need to have Qt installed.

http://qt.nokia.com/products

If you only want to build Qt software (i.e. don't care about the IDE), make sure you only download the library package (163MB) and not the SDK (444MB).

You can also download the CMake binary for OSX from Kitware it includes the gui.

-Bill

Re: Mac OSX GUI

Michael Jackson
Yep. When the install command is run there is a missing package of
files from the QtGui.framework/Resources/qt_menu which needs to be
copied into the CMake-Gui.app/Contents/Resources. I think I filed a
"bug" for this although technically CMake only supports Qt 4.3 which
never had a Cocoa version.

Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]
BlueQuartz Software                    www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer                  Dayton, Ohio

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Steven Wilson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I downloaded/installed the Qt libraries (the Cocoa libs), and rebuilt CMake
> 2.8.0.   I'm using a customized version of CMake 2.8.0 so the stock binaries
> from Kitware won't work for my project.   The gui builds correctly and I can
> run the gui from the CMake 2.8.0.app bundle in the build directory.   After
> running make install, trying to run the CMake 2.8.0.app bundle from
> /usr/local just results in the app crashing on startup.   I'm running OS X
> 10.6.2.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Bill Hoffman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Michael Wild wrote:
>>>
>>> You need to have Qt installed.
>>>
>>> http://qt.nokia.com/products
>>>
>>> If you only want to build Qt software (i.e. don't care about the IDE),
>>> make sure you only download the library package (163MB) and not the SDK
>>> (444MB).
>>
>> You can also download the CMake binary for OSX from Kitware it includes
>> the gui.
>>

>> -Bill

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Re: Mac OSX GUI

Steven Wilson-2
Thanks Mike,

That extra set of files fixed the problem!

Steve