MSVC C features

Harry Mallon-2
Could MSVC be made to work with target_compile_features for C language features? I assume we would need an MSVC-C.cmake file with definitions. At a glance I imagine something simple would do?

* C90 available for all supported MSVC
* C99 supported/default from MSVC 18.0 = 2013 (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2013/07/19/c99-library-support-in-visual-studio-2013/)
* C11 not supported

There are no compile flags (like MSVC-CXX.cmake) and some of the C99 features have been supported back to MSVC 2005/2008.

Would that work or is there a reason this is not implemented?

Best,
Harry

Harry Mallon
CODEX | Senior Software Engineer
60 Poland Street | London | England | W1F 7NT
E [hidden email] | T +44 203 7000 989