List all "include_directories" for a given project or target

Michael Jackson
Is there a command or variable or a code snippet from someone that
essentially has a list of all the "include_directories" that have been
used/created in a given project? Or can I get a list of all the
targets(created and imported) and then get the list of
"include_directories" from those targets?

I am messing about with the "VSCode.app" on OS X and their code
completion extension. For this to work one needs to get a list of all
the include directories possible so that clang knows where to look for
the headers.

Wasn't there a cmake command that would dump all the compile commands to
a file or something?

Thanks

--
Michael A. Jackson
BlueQuartz Software, LLC

Re: List all "include_directories" for a given project or target

Michael Ellery

> On Nov 21, 2016, at 5:04 AM, Michael Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there a command or variable or a code snippet from someone that essentially has a list of all the "include_directories" that have been used/created in a given project? Or can I get a list of all the targets(created and imported) and then get the list of "include_directories" from those targets?
>
> I am messing about with the "VSCode.app" on OS X and their code completion extension. For this to work one needs to get a list of all the include directories possible so that clang knows where to look for the headers.
>
> Wasn't there a cmake command that would dump all the compile commands to a file or something?
>
> Thanks

The clang compilation database might give you what you need - it’s what several autocompletion tools already use. To generate this, just pass  -DCMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS=ON when running cmake. You would have to extract the -I options from the command entries, I guess.

-Mike