List all packages

Lectem

Hi,

Is there a way to list all the packages (both config files and find-modules) that find_package could find ?

Could we even imagine this would also permit to list the variables and targets created in it ?

I think that would be a very helpful to have for debugging find_package, especially when you don’t have access to the system having issues (user bug reports for example).

Cheers,

Lectem

Re: List all packages

tonka tonka
Hey,

As far as I know there is no such mechanism. But you can write a little script f.e. in python (or cmake itself) which can do that, because it is just a simple file search.

Greetings
Tonka

Am So., 13. Jän. 2019, 09:43 hat Lectem <[hidden email]> geschrieben:

Hi,

Is there a way to list all the packages (both config files and find-modules) that find_package could find ?

Could we even imagine this would also permit to list the variables and targets created in it ?

I think that would be a very helpful to have for debugging find_package, especially when you don’t have access to the system having issues (user bug reports for example).

Cheers,

Lectem

Re: List all packages

Konstantin Podsvirov
Hello, Lectem.

11:43, 13 January 2019 г., Lectem <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

Is there a way to list all the packages (both config files and find-modules) that find_package could find ?

Could we even imagine this would also permit to list the variables and targets created in it ?

I think that would be a very helpful to have for debugging find_package, especially when you don’t have access to the system having issues (user bug reports for example).

Cheers,

Lectem

You can visualize dependencies between targets with Graphvis:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/community/wikis/doc/cmake/Graphviz

--
With regards,
Konstantin Podsvirov

Re: List all packages

Lectem

Thanks for the answers

                You can visualize dependencies between targets with Graphvis:

This is not really what I need, I want to see all the available packages installed on my PC (package registry, Find_XXX modules …), not the hierarchy of targets in a cmakelists.txt

Hey,

As far as I know there is no such mechanism. But you can write a little script f.e. in python (or cmake itself) which can do that, because it is just a simple file search.

Greetings

Tonka

Aw that’s sad, I’d like to avoid writing my own script because there are a lot of things to take into account based on the platform.
It would be better if I could invoke cmake from the commandline to do this.

Should such feature-request be sent to the mailing list or gitlab ?

Re: List all packages

Alexander Neundorf
On 2019 M01 13, Sun 09:43:03 CET Lectem wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to list all the packages (both config files and find-modules)
> that find_package could find ? Could we even imagine this would also permit
> to list the variables and targets created in it ? I think that would be a
> very helpful to have for debugging find_package, especially when you don’t
> have access to the system having issues (user bug reports for example).

you may have a look at FeatureSummary.cmake, maybe this is useful.

Alex