Language Dependency for TCL?

Hex

Language Dependency for TCL?

Hex

hello,

I am setting up a TCL project so I disabled all language variables:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.4)

project(P LANGUAGES NONE)
find_package(TCL)

however, this fails with

-- Could NOT find TCL (missing: TCL_LIBRARY)
-- Could NOT find TCLTK (missing: TCL_LIBRARY TK_LIBRARY)
-- Could NOT find TK (missing: TK_LIBRARY)

If I instead add languages to the project the TCL package works. This makes me wonder what dependencies TCL has with standard languages. Is the package incomplete? Why do I need to use a language that I do not intend to use?

for example:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.4)

project(P LANGUAGES C)
find_package(TCL)

-- Found Tclsh: /usr/bin/tclsh (found version "8.6")
-- Found TCL: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtcl.so
-- Found TCLTK: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtcl.so
-- Found TK: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtk.so

thank you

Re: Language Dependency for TCL?

frodak17

--

Probably because the following isn't properly set if you don't enable a language:
CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES

You could probably just use "find_package(Tclsh)" to just find the shell.

Hex