Is there a way to produce the documentation of cmake in xml format?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Is there a way to produce the documentation of cmake in xml format?

Martin Weber-2
Hi all,

is there a way to extract the documentation from cmake-sources and convert
that to XML?
I am trying to work on CmakeEd [1]. This Eclipse plugin has support for
editing cmakelists files (syntax highlighting, code completion), but only for
cmake 2.8 which I want to update.
If I had docs in XML I could use XSLT to produce my files instead of typing
all the stuff...

Any ideas?
        Martin

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/cmakeed/bugs/7/
[2] https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/cmake-editor#group-details
[3] https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn91#CMake_Projects

--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr.


--

Powered by www.kitware.com

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more information on each offering, please visit:

CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/cmake
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Is there a way to produce the documentation of cmake in xml format?

Nils Gladitz-2
On 07.06.2017 21:23, Martin Weber wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is there a way to extract the documentation from cmake-sources and convert
> that to XML?
> I am trying to work on CmakeEd [1]. This Eclipse plugin has support for
> editing cmakelists files (syntax highlighting, code completion), but only for
> cmake 2.8 which I want to update.
> If I had docs in XML I could use XSLT to produce my files instead of typing
> all the stuff...
>
> Any ideas?
> Martin

CMake uses the Sphinx documentation system:

     http://www.sphinx-doc.org


One of the supported builders is "xml" (Docutils-native XML).


Assuming you've installed sphinx and enabled e.g. SPHINX_HTML
(-DSPHINX_HTML=ON) you could try a verbose build of the "documentation"
target to see how a sphinx-build invocation looks like.

To change the builder modify the argument after the -b option (e.g.
replace "html" with "xml").


Nils

--

Powered by www.kitware.com

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more information on each offering, please visit:

CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/cmake
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Is there a way to produce the documentation of cmake in xml format?

Martin Weber-2
Am Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017, 22:35:51 CEST schrieb Nils Gladitz:
> On 07.06.2017 21:23, Martin Weber wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > is there a way to extract the documentation from cmake-sources and convert
> > that to XML?
...

> CMake uses the Sphinx documentation system:
>
>      http://www.sphinx-doc.org
>
>
> One of the supported builders is "xml" (Docutils-native XML).
>
>
> Assuming you've installed sphinx and enabled e.g. SPHINX_HTML
> (-DSPHINX_HTML=ON) you could try a verbose build of the "documentation"
> target to see how a sphinx-build invocation looks like.
>
> To change the builder modify the argument after the -b option (e.g.
> replace "html" with "xml").

Thanks, Nils, that help a lot!

Martin


--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr.


--

Powered by www.kitware.com

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more information on each offering, please visit:

CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/cmake
Loading...