Is cmake failed with any Error message?

maomao
Dear admin,

I am trying to build a project that is a open source and have a package on the website.
The required binaries are installed by macports on my macbook pro with OSX10.13.6 (High Sierra).
When I tried to cmake the project, I got the output message as:

es2039:build maomao$ cmake ..

-- Could NOT find OpenMP_C (missing: OpenMP_C_FLAGS OpenMP_C_LIB_NAMES)

-- Could NOT find OpenMP_CXX (missing: OpenMP_CXX_FLAGS OpenMP_CXX_LIB_NAMES)

-- Could NOT find OpenMP (missing: OpenMP_C_FOUND OpenMP_CXX_FOUND)

-- HDF5: Using hdf5 compiler wrapper to determine C configuration

CMake Error at /opt/local/share/cmake-3.12/Modules/UseSWIG.cmake:509 (message):

  SWIG_ADD_LIBRARY: python;quakelib.i: unexpected arguments

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  quakelib/python/CMakeLists.txt:10 (SWIG_ADD_LIBRARY)

See also "/Users/maomao/VirtualTaiwan/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

and failed when I proceeded to make.
So, the question is:
Is the project configured or not with any error message like that?
What kind output should I see when I succeed to configure the project by cmake?
If cmake is failed to configure project, the code could not be build by make anyway?

Best,
Maomao

Re: Is cmake failed with any Error message?

Petr Kmoch
Hi Maomao.

The output includes this line:

  Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

This means that indeed, CMake has failed to configure the project. Which means no Makefile (or oher buildsystem) was generated and therefore the project cannot be built.

A successful run of CMake ends with output like this:

  Configuring done
  Generating done
  Build files have been written to ...

Petr