Install rpath handling for iOS frameworks

Install rpath handling for iOS frameworks

Robert Bielik-4
I'm trying to package an iOS framework, and with the target setting:

XCODE_ATTRIBUTE_LD_DYLIB_INSTALL_NAME "@rpath/$(EXECUTABLE_PATH)"

I get the framework built nicely. otool -L dummy.framework/dummy shows

   @rpath/dummy.framework/dummy

Just as it should. Now I have a install directive:

install(TARGETS dummy
            FRAMEWORK DESTINATION "./" COMPONENTS frameworks)

Then I do cpack -G ZIP, and it all packages together without a hitch. But when I do otool -L of the dummy.framework/dummy from where
the package is built I get:

   dummy.framework/dummy

i.e. @rpath has been removed during the install process ?

What am I doing wrong ?

TIA
/Robert

Re: Install rpath handling for iOS frameworks

Robert Bielik-4
Oh, and I just added:

SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH TRUE)

But it doesn't change anything.

/R

Running 3.9.4 I see that behavior related to RPATH on macOS has changed:

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.9/policy/CMP0068.html

I've tried setting the policy to OLD, but I'm just not able to get @rpath/... to propagate to the install ☹

Ideas, please ?
/R