Include path perference

leemachine
Hello all,

I am using CMAKE 2.8.7:

My question is I have a project that looks for dependencies (libraries and headers) in both the source tree (CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR and CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR as well as the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX. The issue I am having is I'm making changes to the source tree that are not compatible with the header files installed in the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

In all the cmake message prints statements I make it returns the expected results. CMAKE is using .cc and .h files in the source tree even though the .h files are also in the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

When compiling I get an error relating to the incompatablity I mentioned. GCC is using the header files in the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and the .cc files in CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR

How do I tell CMAKE to NOT use the header files in the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX?

I understand a fresh CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX would resolve this issue, but I'm looking for a workaround to that as well.

Thanks,

-Brandon

Re: Include path perference

Marcel Loose

On 13/01/15 18:18, leemachine wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am using CMAKE 2.8.7:
>
> My question is I have a project that looks for dependencies (libraries and
> headers) in both the source tree (*CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR* and
> *CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR* as well as the *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX*. The issue
> I am having is I'm making changes to the source tree that are not compatible
> with the header files installed in the *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX*.
>
> In all the cmake message prints statements I make it returns the expected
> results. CMAKE is using .cc and .h files in the source tree even though the
> .h files are also in the *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX*.
>
> When compiling I get an error relating to the incompatablity I mentioned.
> GCC is using the header files in the *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX* and the .cc
> files in *CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR*
>
> How do I tell CMAKE to NOT use the header files in the
> *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX*?
>
> I understand a fresh *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX* would resolve this issue, but
> I'm looking for a workaround to that as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I'm confused as to why you would want to look for dependencies in
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX at all. The header files in there will (obviously)
always be (at least) one cycle behind with those in your source tree.

Cheers,
Marcel Loose.