How to specify VS2017 compilers when on VS2019

How to specify VS2017 compilers when on VS2019

Michael Jackson

What are the values to the -T argument that are to be used so that I can use VS2019 but have the 2017 compilers?

--

Mike Jackson

Re: How to specify VS2017 compilers when on VS2019

Kyle Edwards
On Fri, 2019-08-16 at 13:54 -0400, Michael Jackson wrote:
> What are the values to the -T argument that are to be used so that I
> can use VS2019 but have the 2017 compilers?

Rather than using a -T argument, you want to set the CC environment
variable or -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER on the command line (likewise for CXX
and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER.)

Kyle

Re: How to specify VS2017 compilers when on VS2019

Michael Jackson
Why can't I do -T v141?

--
Mike Jackson

On 8/16/19, 2:09 PM, "Kyle Edwards" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    On Fri, 2019-08-16 at 13:54 -0400, Michael Jackson wrote:
    > What are the values to the -T argument that are to be used so that I
    > can use VS2019 but have the 2017 compilers?

    Rather than using a -T argument, you want to set the CC environment
    variable or -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER on the command line (likewise for CXX
    and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER.)

    Kyle

Re: How to specify VS2017 compilers when on VS2019

J Decker
can just specify the 2017 generator, 2019 will load an build it just fine.
If 2017 is still opening when you double-click a solution, change your default handler for .sln files to 2019.

Again, 2019 can build projects as is for 2017, 2015, etc...

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 11:19 AM Michael Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Why can't I do -T v141?

--
Mike Jackson

On 8/16/19, 2:09 PM, "Kyle Edwards" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    On Fri, 2019-08-16 at 13:54 -0400, Michael Jackson wrote:
    > What are the values to the -T argument that are to be used so that I
    > can use VS2019 but have the 2017 compilers?

    Rather than using a -T argument, you want to set the CC environment
    variable or -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER on the command line (likewise for CXX
    and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER.)

    Kyle

Re: How to specify VS2017 compilers when on VS2019

Robert Maynard
You can use that method so you get the IDE features of VS2019 but the
VS2017 compiler.