Quantcast

How to iterate over a set of directories containing projects?

How to iterate over a set of directories containing projects?

Peter-21
I have a bunch (50+) of sample programs deep in the hierarchy of my
library project. Each of these samples has a similar CMakeLists.txt
file, like

     add_executable( binning binning.cpp )
     target_link_libraries( binning ${Boost_LIBRARIES} )

where binning would be the name of the sample as well as the name of the
directory. I'm wondering if there would be a way to avoid authoring
these similar CMakeLists.txt files and instead somehow iterate over all
the projects in the CMakeLists.txt file which is one level higher in the
hierarchy?

Peter

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Re: How to iterate over a set of directories containing projects?

Tyler Roscoe
On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:56:54AM +0200, Peter wrote:
>     add_executable( binning binning.cpp )
>     target_link_libraries( binning ${Boost_LIBRARIES} )
>
> where binning would be the name of the sample as well as the name of the
> directory. I'm wondering if there would be a way to avoid authoring
> these similar CMakeLists.txt files and instead somehow iterate over all
> the projects in the CMakeLists.txt file which is one level higher in the
> hierarchy?

foreach (proj proj1 proj2 projN)
    add_executable (${proj} ${proj}.cpp)
endforeach ()

Like that?

tyler

Am 13.07.2009 16:43, schrieb Tyler Roscoe:

> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:56:54AM +0200, Peter wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if there would be a way to avoid authoring
>> these similar CMakeLists.txt files and instead somehow iterate over all
>> the projects in the CMakeLists.txt file which is one level higher in the
>> hierarchy?
>>

> foreach (proj proj1 proj2 projN)
>      add_executable (${proj} ${proj}.cpp)
> endforeach ()
>
> Like that?
>
> tyler

Exactly, thanks a lot. Looks so easy when the solution is shown.Funny
that I could not figure that ou myself.

Peter