How to fix the following based on CMP0053 policy

How to fix the following based on CMP0053 policy

Scott Aron Bloom-2

I have an older 3rd party (that is no longer supported) cmake file, that relies on the CMP0053 OLD setting

Since I have moved to 3.12, Im getting the warning that its deprecated etc…

SC_CHECK_BROKEN_FUNC(

  strstr "

                extern int strstr();

                exit(strstr(\"\\\0test\", \"test\") ? 1 : 0);"

  )

However, when I turn the policy to “NEW” it errors out with

Syntax error in cmake code at  when parsing string

        extern int strstr();

        exit(strstr(\"\\\0test\", \"test\") ? 1 : 0);

  Invalid character escape '\0'.

However, that is the whole test, ie that the escaped 0 check works.

How should I change the strings generation so it works with the new policy?

Scott