How to disable specific warnings in VS IDE

How to disable specific warnings in VS IDE

llvm 999
Hi, I am using cmake to generate build file for a MS Visual Studio project/solution.

I would like to get some help in specifying a list of (VC++) compiler's warnings so that the generated project file will have the list of warnings in the "Disable Specific Warnings" field in the project file.

I have tried for quite a while to figure this out but have no success.

Any help/hint will be very much appreciated.

Re: How to disable specific warnings in VS IDE

Petr Kmoch
Hi,

Simply pass the appropriate compiler flags to the compiler. The flag in question is

/wd1234

To disable warning C1234 (more info on MSDN: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/thxezb7y%28v=vs.120%29.aspx )

How you pass them to the compiler depends on what you normally use. The options are:

Variable CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS
Per-configuration variables CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_CONFIGNAME
Target or source property COMPILE_FLAGS (space-separated)
Directory or target property COMPILE_OPTIONS (normal list, supports generator expressions)

Hope this helps.

Petr