Help with GNU Make --question option

Alex Tzonkov
We are using cmake for our project and recently discovered that the generated Makefiles do not seem to work correctly with the '--question' or '-q' option. They always exit with return code '1' even if there are no changes which would require rebuilding anything. I am not sure if this is an issue with our CmakeLists.txt files or *.cmake files or a general issue with cmake. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if this is an answered question, I tried really hard to search the archives, but searching for "--question" is futile, as the searches return pretty much every question.