Help Utilizing Binary Caches

Dustyn Blasig
Hello Everyone,

I'm fairly new to CMake, but have been learning as I try to migrate our components from Make to CMake. We utilize Git and Submodules for many of our components, along with the Atlassian tools like Bitbucket and Bamboo.

While I'm migrating the components to CMake, I was asked to find a way to take advantage of our Bamboo generated artifacts and pull those down and install them if they are available when someone builds. If an artifact is not available for that commit, or if the user has local changes to component, then just build and install locally.

I'm having a hard time finding information on best practices to do this. I did run across Artifactory (https://github.com/raumfeld/Artifactory.cmake), is that the way to go at this point. They mentioned utilizing binary caches, but not Bamboo specifically. If that framework is somewhat stable, I think we could make it work.

Thanks!
Dustyn