HELP: CMake "cache" stuck after renaming project path

HELP: CMake "cache" stuck after renaming project path

Michael Powell
HELP!

As the subject says, I renamed the project folder to a saner location
(for me anyway), which is now causing CMake to complain about its
"cache". Somehow or another it is stuck on the previous path.

This in spite of the fact I have CLEARED the out of place "build"
location. The cache does indeed reflect the old path. In spite of the
fact I am telling CMake the correct path where the source code is.

I am running v3.9.2 on Windows 7.

Muy frustrated! HELP!

Cheers,

Michael Powell

Re: HELP: CMake "cache" stuck after renaming project path

Oleksii Vilchanskyi
It would help if you have posted the exact error message you receive.
Otherwise it's just guessing. Speaking of guessing, if you use Ninja, it
leaves `.ninja` files in the binary directory, so if you haven't removed
the directory directly, you might want to remove hidden files, too.

On 23.10.2017 14:21, Michael Powell wrote:

> HELP!
>
> As the subject says, I renamed the project folder to a saner location
> (for me anyway), which is now causing CMake to complain about its
> "cache". Somehow or another it is stuck on the previous path.
>
> This in spite of the fact I have CLEARED the out of place "build"
> location. The cache does indeed reflect the old path. In spite of the
> fact I am telling CMake the correct path where the source code is.
>
> I am running v3.9.2 on Windows 7.
>
> Muy frustrated! HELP!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael Powell

Oleksii Vilchanskyi
PGP:0x8D3A0E046BDE941F2A53867CE3FD952D48C0B338

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 8:21 AM, Michael Powell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> HELP!
>
> As the subject says, I renamed the project folder to a saner location
> (for me anyway), which is now causing CMake to complain about its
> "cache". Somehow or another it is stuck on the previous path.

It is not enough apparently to delete the out of place files. So what
I ended up doing was deleting the catch from the UI and reconfiguring.
Then all was well.