GHS - specify cpu option to CMake generator?

GHS - specify cpu option to CMake generator?

Geoffroy J
Hello

i have tried today to build a library using CMake Green Hills MULTI generator.

It seemed to work quite well, but i end up not being able to configure the "-cpu" option for gbuild, which i need to set to "cortexa7".

I've went through the CMake code, i think something similar to variable GHS_BSP_NAME would work, but does not seems available at the moment. Does it means it cannot be done at the moment?

Do you know how to achieve this? Would using CFLAGS/LDFLAGS a viable solution?

Thanks in advance for your answer
Regards

Re: GHS - specify cpu option to CMake generator?

frodak17

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 2:52 PM Geoffroy J <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello

i have tried today to build a library using CMake Green Hills MULTI generator.

It seemed to work quite well, but i end up not being able to configure the "-cpu" option for gbuild, which i need to set to "cortexa7".

I've went through the CMake code, i think something similar to variable GHS_BSP_NAME would work, but does not seems available at the moment. Does it means it cannot be done at the moment?

Do you know how to achieve this? Would using CFLAGS/LDFLAGS a viable solution?

Thanks in advance for your answer
Regards

I see -cpu as an option for armcc not for gbuild.

You should be able to pass the -cpu option per target like any other compiler option.
So try using target_compile_options().
Some options are builder options so they don't start with a dash but with a colon but it still should work with target_compile_options().

However my experience has been that is handled by the BSP .bld files for the particular target / platform.
If the BSP target file has the wrong cpu in it then it probably could just get updated and then it should "just work".
For example some of the .bld files contain a ":arm_cputype=cortexa8".
But I couldn't tell you exactly which files would need to be updated.

Re: GHS - specify cpu option to CMake generator?

Geoffroy J
In fact, while looking at a "project" file, i found the following:

#!gbuild
primaryTarget=arm_standalone.tgt
#component top_level_project
[Project]
 -bsp generic
 -object_dir=objs
 -cpu=cortexa7

And when specifying the GHS_BSP_NAME, GHS generator ends-up adding the -bsp line into the generated project file.
So i was somehow assuming that same behavior was needed for the -cpu flag

Anyway, i changed the approach to just ask CMake to generate plain makefiles using a toolchain file listing all the required options for cxarm/ar.

Thanks for your support ;)