Fwd: Re: CMake CUDA 3.8+/9 support as a first class language with out Visual Studio Support... err what?

Fwd: Re: CMake CUDA 3.8+/9 support as a first class language with out Visual Studio Support... err what?

Brian Davis-2

@Robert

 >> It works and will generate hybrid C++ and CUDA projects. A very
simple example of making a library and an executable that uses both
languages can be seen at:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/v3.9.0/Tests/Cuda/ConsumeCompileFeatures/CMakeLists.txt

Thanks for the example I'll try that.  It's been ages since I even
looked at my project call

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/command/project.html?highlight=project

Specifically:

"Optionally you can specify which languages your project supports.
Example languages are C, CXX (i.e. C++), Fortran, etc. *By default C and
CXX are enabled if no language options are given.* Specify language
NONE, or use the LANGUAGES keyword and list no languages, to skip
enabling any languages. "

Looks as though c and cxx are the 1%'ers in the "class" system. Might be
good to update this documentation whenever Kitware gets around to it.