Fortran Compiler with Visual Studio

Matt Sutton

Hello,

  I’m trying to configure a mixed language project (Fortran, CXX) with cmake 3.14 and I get the following cmake output:

The Fortran compiler identification is Intel 17.0.5.20170817

The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 19.16.27027.1

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:9 (project):
No CMAKE_FORTRAN_COMPILER could be found.

I have been able to create a simple “hello world” Fortran project manually in Visual Studio, compile, link and run it.  So, it seems the Fortran compiler integration is working.   I’m not sure why CMake can correctly identify the Fortran compiler on my machine, but then complain about a Fortran compiler not being found?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

cid:image001.png@01CF79BE.4008A810

We Make Innovation Work

www.padtinc.com

Matt Sutton, MSME

Senior Engineer, Lead Software Developer

[hidden email]

480.813.4884 O

480.326.7940 M

Arizona  |  California  |  Colorado  |  New Mexico  |  Texas  |  Utah

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Unless you are the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding, printing or otherwise disseminating the information contained in or attached to this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone, and immediately and permanently delete and destroy all copies and printouts of this e-mail message and/or attachments

Re: Fortran Compiler with Visual Studio

Matt Sutton

Sorry for the noise.  It was a silly mistake on my part by using the language specified as FORTRAN not Fortran.

Regards,

Matt

  Matt Sutton
  Senior Engineer, Lead Software Developer

  PADT, Inc.

www.padtinc.com
  480.813.4884
  [hidden email]