Finding Packages Installed in Non-Standard Locations

Finding Packages Installed in Non-Standard Locations

Andrew Bell
If my package is installed to a non-standard location, my <PROJECT>Config.cmake file is currently also installed to the non-standard location and can't be found by dependent projects.

I see that there's export(PACKAGE <PROJECT>), but this creates an entry in the registry for the build location of the PROJECT rather than the installed location.

Is there some way I can install target files to a non-standard location but be sure that <PROJECT>Config.cmake can be found without explicitly installing it into something like /usr/lib/cmake/PROJECT?

Andrew Bell

Re: Finding Packages Installed in Non-Standard Locations

Alexander Neundorf-3
On Wednesday, February 03, 2016 13:08:42 Andrew Bell wrote:

> If my package is installed to a non-standard location, my
> <PROJECT>Config.cmake file is currently also installed to the non-standard
> location and can't be found by dependent projects.
>
> I see that there's export(PACKAGE <PROJECT>), but this creates an entry in
> the registry for the build location of the PROJECT rather than the
> installed location.
>
> Is there some way I can install target files to a non-standard location but
> be sure that <PROJECT>Config.cmake can be found without explicitly
> installing it into something like /usr/lib/cmake/PROJECT?

you can set the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH environment variable.

Alex