FindOpenSSL.cmake

Andrew Bell
I have a system-provided SSL and I have a newer one that I have installed via a packaging system.  In my build system I have: find_package(OPENSSL 1.1) .  This properly finds the version 1.1 header files for openSSL, but it finds the incompatible system libraries, which are older than version 1.1.  A look at FindOpenSSL.cmake makes it seem as if the version is used when finding the header files, but not the libraries.  Other than overriding cache entries, is there a way to fix the FindOpenSSL.cmake that would solve the problem?  Other suggestions?

--
Andrew Bell

Re: FindOpenSSL.cmake

CMake mailing list
Andrew,

FindOpenSSL provides an "OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR" variable which allows you to specify the root directory of your installation (assuming a traditional layout within that directory.) Hopefully this will do what you need.

Good luck!

Kyle