FindBoost Warnings

Brad Bell
I am using FindBoost in a cmake script
to determine if certain components of the boost package are available on the target system.

If so, the script builds examples that use my package with boost.
If not, these example are not built and tested.

When the target system does not have boost, the user gets the warning:

CMake Warning at /usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:567 (message):
   Imported targets and dependency information not available for Boost version
   (all versions older than 1.33)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   /usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:907 (_Boost_COMPONENT_DEPENDENCIES)
   /usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1558 (_Boost_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES)
   CMakeLists.txt:245 (FIND_PACKAGE)

This is not a problem because if the user's system does not have boost,
they will no be using the case that the examples cover.

How do I suppress this warning ?

Re: FindBoost Warnings

Roger Leigh
On 23/09/2019 14:05, Brad Bell wrote:

> When the target system does not have boost, the user gets the warning:
>
> CMake Warning at /usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:567
> (message):
>   Imported targets and dependency information not available for Boost
> version
>   (all versions older than 1.33)
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   /usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:907
> (_Boost_COMPONENT_DEPENDENCIES)
>   /usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1558
> (_Boost_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES)
>   CMakeLists.txt:245 (FIND_PACKAGE)
>
> This is not a problem because if the user's system does not have boost,
> they will no be using the case that the examples cover.
>
> How do I suppress this warning ?

I think it's already fixed in more recent CMake versions.  It now only
prints that message when Boost is found, and older than 1.33.

Regards,

Roger

Re: FindBoost Warnings

Brad Bell
CMake version 3.10.2 seems to have the problem and it seems to be fixed in 3.13.4.

Thanks