Quantcast

Failed to submit ctest report to public.kitware.com CDash server

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
hce
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Failed to submit ctest report to public.kitware.com CDash server

hce
Hi,

I am running 2.8.8 on CentOS 6, and I followed VTK wiki instruction to set following up and to run "ctest -D Experimental", but it failed to submit the report. The error was that my hostname was not reachable. It is my PC, the hostname is set to a proper domain name. But I thought it got right IP address which the ctest  can use it for communication with the public.kitware.com server. Any other set up I may need to make it work?

 SET (CTEST_DROP_METHOD http)
 SET (CTEST_DROP_SITE "public.kitware.com")
 SET (CTEST_DROP_LOCATION "/cgi-bin/HTTPUploadDartFile.cgi")
 SET (CTEST_TRIGGER_SITE "http://${DROP_SITE}/cgi-bin/Submit-CMake-TestingResults.pl")

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Jupiter
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Failed to submit ctest report to public.kitware.com CDash server

David Cole
The correct CTEST_DROP_* variable values are listed in VTK's
CTestConfig.cmake file:

  http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=CTestConfig.cmake;h=b7f08577cd5073e009e5fbc7e0d7be238be5b94b;hb=master

After configuring a VTK build tree, you should just be able to run:

  ctest -D Experimental

in the build tree. You should NOT have to set any of these variables
anywhere to submit a VTK dashboard...

What wiki page are you referring to?? (I'm pretty sure whichever one
it is, it contains some seriously outdated information at this point,
and we should clean it up...)


Thanks, and hope this helps,
David


On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:34 AM, hce <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running 2.8.8 on CentOS 6, and I followed VTK wiki instruction to set
> following up and to run "ctest -D Experimental", but it failed to submit the
> report. The error was that my hostname was not reachable. It is my PC, the
> hostname is set to a proper domain name. But I thought it got right IP
> address which the ctest  can use it for communication with the
> public.kitware.com server. Any other set up I may need to make it work?
>
>  SET (CTEST_DROP_METHOD http)
>  SET (CTEST_DROP_SITE "public.kitware.com")
>  SET (CTEST_DROP_LOCATION "/cgi-bin/HTTPUploadDartFile.cgi")
>  SET (CTEST_TRIGGER_SITE
> "http://${DROP_SITE}/cgi-bin/Submit-CMake-TestingResults.pl")
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jupiter
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://cmake.3232098.n2.nabble.com/Failed-to-submit-ctest-report-to-public-kitware-com-CDash-server-tp7580733.html
> Sent from the CMake mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> --
>
> Powered by www.kitware.com
>
> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
>
> Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ
>
> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
> http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
--

Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
hce
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Failed to submit ctest report to public.kitware.com CDash server

hce
Thanks David. The wiki page I referenced is from http://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Testing_With_CTest.

But I am not running ctest at VTK package, rather try to test cdash from my own source package build, I added the setup from your link to the CMakeLists.txt, but still failed at the same problem of couldn't resolve host.

Submit files (using http)
   Using HTTP submit method
   Drop site:http://
   Submit failed, waiting 5 seconds...
   Retry submission: Attempt 1 of 3
   Submit failed, waiting 5 seconds...
   Retry submission: Attempt 2 of 3
   Submit failed, waiting 5 seconds...
   Retry submission: Attempt 3 of 3
   Error message was: Couldn't resolve host '"
   Problems when submitting via HTTP


David Cole wrote
The correct CTEST_DROP_* variable values are listed in VTK's
CTestConfig.cmake file:

  http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=CTestConfig.cmake;h=b7f08577cd5073e009e5fbc7e0d7be238be5b94b;hb=master

After configuring a VTK build tree, you should just be able to run:

  ctest -D Experimental

in the build tree. You should NOT have to set any of these variables
anywhere to submit a VTK dashboard...

What wiki page are you referring to?? (I'm pretty sure whichever one
it is, it contains some seriously outdated information at this point,
and we should clean it up...)


Thanks, and hope this helps,
David
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Failed to submit ctest report to public.kitware.com CDash server

Rolf Eike Beer
hce wrote:

> Thanks David. The wiki page I referenced is from
> http://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Testing_With_CTest.
>
> But I am not running ctest at VTK package, rather try to test cdash from my
> own source package build, I added the setup from your link to the
> CMakeLists.txt, but still failed at the same problem of couldn't resolve
> host.
>
> Submit files (using http)
>    Using HTTP submit method
>    Drop site:http://
Of course it does, because the drop site is not set. And CTest should really
be tought to do something sensible then and not trying to contact the universe
and then complain it doesn't listen.

Eike
--

--

Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake

signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
hce
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Failed to submit ctest report to public.kitware.com CDash server

hce
Rolf Eike Beer wrote
Of course it does, because the drop site is not set. And CTest should really
be tought to do something sensible then and not trying to contact the universe
and then complain it doesn't listen.
So both drop site http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/HTTPUploadDartFile.cgi and http://www.cdash.org/CDash/submit.php?project=VTK are not set for public cdash test, they are only available for VTK or other kitware projects, correct?

To test cdash from my own project, I should set up the cdash in http://my.cdash.org/, correct?

Thank you.

Jupiter


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Failed to submit ctest report to public.kitware.com CDash server

David Cole
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 6:41 AM, hce <[hidden email]> wrote:

Rolf Eike Beer wrote
>
> Of course it does, because the drop site is not set. And CTest should
> really
> be tought to do something sensible then and not trying to contact the
> universe
> and then complain it doesn't listen.
>

So both drop site http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/HTTPUploadDartFile.cgi
and http://www.cdash.org/CDash/submit.php?project=VTK are not set for public
cdash test, they are only available for VTK or other kitware projects,
correct?

Correct.

 

To test cdash from my own project, I should set up the cdash in
http://my.cdash.org/, correct?

Correct.

 

Thank you.

Jupiter



You're welcome.

 


--
View this message in context: http://cmake.3232098.n2.nabble.com/Failed-to-submit-ctest-report-to-public-kitware-com-CDash-server-tp7580733p7580749.html
Sent from the CMake mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
--

Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake


--

Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
Loading...