FW: Create shared library

zhongli.xu
Hi all,

I used cmake to generate the Makefile to build a shared library.

And after that, I used ldd to check the dependency.

It looks that the shared library depends on other shared library which is showed as absolute path.

For example,

I have ‘ldd libMy.so’:

lib3rdParty.so => /absolute/path/lib3rdParty.so (0x0056c000)

Is it possible to remove the info in red by setting some flags in gcc option?

I tried to compile my lib just manually writing the Makefile by using –shared –Wl,soname. The red part did not show up.

Regards,

Milo

PLEASE READ: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail you must not copy, distribute or take any further action in reliance upon it and you should delete it and notify the sender. E-mail is not a secure method of communication. Nomura Securities Co. Ltd Shanghai Representative Office cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). This transmission could contain viruses, be corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, intercepted, lost or arrive late. If verification of this e-mail is sought then please request a hard copy. Unless otherwise stated any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Nomura Securities Co. Ltd Shanghai Representative Office. This e-mail is intended for information purposes only and is not a solicitation or offer to buy or sell securities or related financial instruments.

Re: FW: Create shared library

Tyler Roscoe
On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 10:13:08PM +0800, [hidden email] wrote:
> I have 'ldd libMy.so':
>
> lib3rdParty.so => /absolute/path/lib3rdParty.so (0x0056c000)
>
> Is it possible to remove the info in red by setting some flags in gcc
> option?

Take a look at the various RPATH variables/properties:

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#prop_tgt:BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#variable:CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#prop_tgt:SKIP_BUILD_RPATH

tyler