ExternalProject with toolchain files for cross compiling?

ExternalProject with toolchain files for cross compiling?

Robert Dailey-2
So I'd like to use ExternalProject_Add() to pull down an external git
repository that builds with CMake. I'd like it to use the same
toolchain file that I"m using in my parent projects. However, I do not
see any explicit documentation regarding toolchain support for
ExternalProject. Do I need to explicitly pass down CMake arguments
with the toolchain file? Or does this happen transitively? I'm using
CMake 3.9.0

Re: ExternalProject with toolchain files for cross compiling?

Sergei Nikulov
> So I'd like to use ExternalProject_Add() to pull down an external git
> repository that builds with CMake. I'd like it to use the same
> toolchain file that I"m using in my parent projects. However, I do not
> see any explicit documentation regarding toolchain support for
> ExternalProject. Do I need to explicitly pass down CMake arguments
> with the toolchain file? Or does this happen transitively? I'm using
> CMake 3.9.0

I use CMAKE_ARGS option for that
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.9/module/ExternalProject.html?highlight=externalproject_add#command:externalproject_add

HTH.