ExternalProject, Superbuild and rebuild on Windows

ExternalProject, Superbuild and rebuild on Windows

Romain LEGUAY
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build VTK and ITK along my project.

For now, I use the trick to add an option to build VTK and ITK only once using ExternalProject_Add for all my dependencies and also for my project.

This works great on Unix system but with a VS solution, the dependencies are not rebuilt when I change CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE.

Is it possible to know if CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is changed? It will permit me to switch on the option to rebuild the dependencies.

Anyone as other better ideas?

Thank you

Re: ExternalProject, Superbuild and rebuild on Windows

Kai Wolf
The CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE variable only makes sense for single-configuration generators (such as Makefile or Ninja) and is not used for IDE type generators.
You should rather look for CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES as well as CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR.

Greetings,

Kai

http://kai-wolf.me
http://effective-cmake.com

> Am 20.12.2018 um 12:09 schrieb Romain LEGUAY <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to build VTK and ITK along my project.
>
> For now, I use the trick to add an option to build VTK and ITK only once using ExternalProject_Add for all my dependencies and also for my project.
>
> This works great on Unix system but with a VS solution, the dependencies are not rebuilt when I change CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE.
>
> Is it possible to know if CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is changed? It will permit me to switch on the option to rebuild the dependencies.
>
> Anyone as other better ideas?
>
> Thank you

Re: ExternalProject, Superbuild and rebuild on Windows

Romain LEGUAY
Thank you for your answer, I didn't know the  CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR variable. It was this variable I needed.

Best regards,

Romain