Quantcast

ExternalProject_Add ... output directy (sln file directory)

ExternalProject_Add ... output directy (sln file directory)

Christophe Demez
Hi,

I'm currently using one CMakeLists.txt file that will execute an
external CMakeLists.txt (and dependency).

For this I use the ExternalProject_Add command, but I can't find a way
to specify where the ".sln" file will be generated.

I have also created StackOverflow question here with more information,
if someone have an idea for a solution ?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43117117/cmake-use-externalproject-add-and-specify-the-output-folder

Thanks

Re: ExternalProject_Add ... output directy (sln file directory)

CMake mailing list
Do give it a BINARY_DIR, but do NOT give it a BUILD_COMMAND. Giving it
an empty BUILD_COMMAND means "do nothing" for the build step and using
"cmake --build ./LibraryBuild" does not work unless cmake is in your
PATH, and with a Visual Studio solution, you also need to specify
"--config Release" or "--config Debug"

Also posted on SO.

HTH,
David C.

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Christophe Demez
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using one CMakeLists.txt file that will execute an external
> CMakeLists.txt (and dependency).
>
> For this I use the ExternalProject_Add command, but I can't find a way to
> specify where the ".sln" file will be generated.
>
> I have also created StackOverflow question here with more information, if
> someone have an idea for a solution ?
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43117117/cmake-use-externalproject-add-and-specify-the-output-folder
>
> Thanks

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Re: ExternalProject_Add ... output directy (sln file directory)

Christophe Demez

BTW,

I notice this too, if I use the following command line with an empty cmakelists.txt file : cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64"

And it also generate the .sln (and other files) in the same folder, but I don't request to build such a solution ! right ?

In reality, I only need a cmakelists.txt file that will build an external library for Android (Ninja generator, directly from AndroidStudio).
For now I use the wrong generator for test.

[hidden email] wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently using one CMakeLists.txt file that will execute an external
CMakeLists.txt (and dependency).

For this I use the ExternalProject_Add command, but I can't find a way to
specify where the ".sln" file will be generated.

I have also created StackOverflow question here with more information, if
someone have an idea for a solution ?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43117117/cmake-use-externalproject-add-and-specify-the-output-folder

Thanks

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Luciad Email Signature Christophe Demez
PROJECT LEADER

LUCIAD  CONNECT  •  VISUALIZE   ANALYZE   ACT

[hidden email]   T +32 16 23 95 91
Follow us on LinkedIn or @LUCIADconnect

Luciad

Re: ExternalProject_Add ... output directy (sln file directory)

Christophe Demez

Also,

I have try with a sample, just a main and a lib. But it seems that the lib CMakeLists.txt file is not called !

The project is created, but it does not point to the source code by example and the "message" are not displayed in the console too !

The download link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eto84gwtw2rx8oe/CMakeTest.zip?dl=0