Export a custom property of a target

Raphael Grimm
Hi,

I added a custom target property via 'define_property'
(https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/command/define_property.html).

When using this target in a different cmake project the property is not
found by cmake and the meta information stored in the target property is
lost.

Is there a way to also export custom target properties?

Regards

Raphael

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Export a custom property of a target

Marc CHEVRIER
'define_property' is nearly useless except for documentation.

Export of custom properties is managed through target property 'EXPORT_PROPERTIES'.

Le mer. 22 août 2018 à 15:58, Raphael Grimm <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,

I added a custom target property via 'define_property'
(https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/command/define_property.html).

When using this target in a different cmake project the property is not
found by cmake and the meta information stored in the target property is
lost.

Is there a way to also export custom target properties?

Regards

Raphael

Re: Export a custom property of a target

Raphael Grimm

I am using it for passing meta-data between my projects.

Is there a way to do this with cmake 3.10.2 (I am on Ubuntu 18)?