Export Linker Script

Andrew Bell
I have a linker script that I'd like to export for dependent projects to use as if it were an actual library.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this.

With a linker script named "libmylib.so" I've tried:

set(LIBNAME mylib)
add_library(mylib INTERFACE)
install(TARGETS mylib
  EXPORT MyExport
  ARCHIVE DESTINATION ${LIB_INSTALL_DIR})
install(FILES libmylib.so ${LIB_INSTALL_DIR})

This will install the script properly, but attempting to use the linker script in the dependent project fails:

target_link_libraries(myapp mylib)

doesn't add mylib to the link line with the proper directory location (no -L option for the library location).

Any help appreciated,

--
Andrew Bell