Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles / Ninja Generator

Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles / Ninja Generator

Martin Weber-2
Hi all,

FYI, according to this [1], those generators do no longer work with the new
core build introduced in CDT 9.5.

Martin

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/msg33066.html

--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr.

Re: Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles / Ninja Generator

Alexander Neundorf
On 2018 M07 7, Sat 19:09:18 CEST Martin Weber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> FYI, according to this [1], those generators do no longer work with the new
> core build introduced in CDT 9.5.
>
> Martin
>
> [1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/msg33066.html

do you know whether the new build system of CDT is documented somewhere ?
I found this, but this is far from enough.
http://www.eclipse.org/org/langsymp/CDT%20Managed%20Build%20System.pdf

Alex

Am Sonntag, 8. Juli 2018, 23:17:27 CEST schrieb Alexander Neundorf:

> On 2018 M07 7, Sat 19:09:18 CEST Martin Weber wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > FYI, according to this [1], those generators do no longer work with the
> > new
> > core build introduced in CDT 9.5.
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > [1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/msg33066.html
>
> do you know whether the new build system of CDT is documented somewhere ?
> I found this, but this is far from enough.
> http://www.eclipse.org/org/langsymp/CDT%20Managed%20Build%20System.pdf

All I found is here <http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/
msg32845.html>

I also browsed through the new code, but the javadocs are close to non-
existent.

If the cmake devs plan to remove the CDT4 generator, I think that would be OK.
In 2013, I started an eclipse plugin that automatically runs cmake from
Eclipse. It's also in the marketplace, so cmake users have an escape.

Martin

--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr.