Downloading something with CMake

Eric Noulard
Hi all,

Is there any builtin downloading function in CMake or CTest?
As far as I know CTest has buit-in curl capability
so may be there is (or would be) a

GET_FILE(<filename> <url>) macro that could be implemented?

I want to automate (with CMake) the retrieval of third party file
using http/https/ftp?

Or should I use FindWget.cmake etc...

--
Erk
http://www.april.org

Re: Downloading something with CMake

Will Dicharry
Eric Noulard wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there any builtin downloading function in CMake or CTest?
> As far as I know CTest has buit-in curl capability
> so may be there is (or would be) a
>
> GET_FILE(<filename> <url>) macro that could be implemented?
>
> I want to automate (with CMake) the retrieval of third party file
> using http/https/ftp?

Take a look at the file( DOWNLOAD ... ) command.  I think that should do
what you want.

--Will

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

2009/7/10 Will Dicharry <[hidden email]>:
> Eric Noulard wrote:
>>
>> Is there any builtin downloading function in CMake or CTest?
[...]
>> I want to automate (with CMake) the retrieval of third party file
>> using http/https/ftp?
>>
> Take a look at the file( DOWNLOAD ... ) command.  I think that should do
> what you want.

Yes that's it.
I knew did read that in the past but could remember the [sub]-command.

Thank you Will.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org