Quantcast

Downgrade CMake

Sason Ohanian Saki
Hi! I want to downgrade from cmake 2.8-8 to 2.8-4 on OS X. Is there an easy way to do this? I tried to remove CMake from applications but the installer still says that a newer version already exists?

Thanks!

/Sason

Re: Downgrade CMake

David Cole
You can simply unzip the .tar.gz rather than using the *.dmg installer. And then move it into "/Applications" if that's where you want it.

Not sure how to completely remove knowledge of a newer CMake from the whole OS. I know there is a history of what you've installed in the file "/Library/Receipts/InstallHistory.plist" -- but not sure why it thinks it's still installed if you've deleted it.

May I ask: why are you downgrading? Is there something wrong with CMake 2.8.8 that prevents you from using it? There have been hundreds of bug fixes since the 2.8.4 release, so I would recommend sticking with 2.8.8 if at all possible.

HTH,
David

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Sason Ohanian Saki <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi! I want to downgrade from cmake 2.8-8 to 2.8-4 on OS X. Is there an easy way to do this? I tried to remove CMake from applications but the installer still says that a newer version already exists?

Thanks!

/Sason

Re: Downgrade CMake

vaibhavt
This post was updated on .
I am running through same issue.

I am working on a project, which is like one year old. I don't know what cmake version was used in it.
I am having cmake-2.8.8  installed in my macbook.
When I try to run the project I get following error -
"make: *** No rule to make target `/opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCCompiler.cmake.in', needed by `CMakeFiles/cmake.check_cache'.  Stop."

I think, may be its because of the different version(Just a random guess. I am really new to all these things.)
So, I thought may be downgrading to same version might help. But I don't know, how to downgrade(or remove maybe) it properly.

Any pointers?

Please. I am really stuck.

Thanks.

Regards,
Vaibhav Tekam

Re: Downgrade CMake

Kornel Benko

Am Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2012 um 05:05:48, schrieb vaibhavt <[hidden email]>

> I am running through same issue.

> I am working on a project, which is like one year old. I don't what cmake

> version was used in it.

> I am having cmake-2.8.8 installed in my macbook.

> When I try to run the project I get following error -

> "make: *** No rule to make target

> `/opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCCompiler.cmake.in', needed by

> `CMakeFiles/cmake.check_cache'. Stop."

> I think, may be its because of the different version(Just a random guess. I

> am really new to all these things.)

> So, I thought may be downgrading to same version might help.

> Any pointers?

Somehow you are using _old_ CMakeCache.txt file. I would delete this file first and try again.

> Please. I am really stuck.

> Thanks.

> Regards,

> Vaibhav Tekam

Kornel

Re: Downgrade CMake

vaibhavt
>>Somehow you are using _old_ CMakeCache.txt file. I would delete this file first and try again.

Done.
But still same error.

Re: Downgrade CMake

Kornel Benko

Am Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2012 um 00:21:38, schrieb vaibhavt <[hidden email]>

exists

> >>Somehow you are using _old_ CMakeCache.txt file. I would delete this file

> first and try again.

> Done.

> But still same error.

Please check if

/opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCCompiler.cmake.in

exists.

If not, check if you can find CMakeCCompiler.cmake.in under some other path.

Other path ==> cmake installation may be inconsistent (cmake-data belong to different cmake version)

else ==> cmake installation may be incomplete (missing cmake-data)

I would reinstall cmake (+ cmake-data)

Kornel

Re: Downgrade CMake

David Cole
Don't just start by deleting CMakeCache.txt. Delete the entire build
tree and start with a clean/empty build tree when you first configure
with CMake.

Again: what problem did you encounter that required you to "downgrade" CMake?

If you're not sure what the problem really is, I would recommend
trying to stick with 2.8.8 or later and working through the problems
encountered one at a time by giving us more details here.

We strive to be 100% backwards compatible, and it's usually the case
that "upgrading" CMake versions is the right direction to be traveling
in. I'd like to make sure that whatever issue you're trying to avoid
is addressed moving forward.

Thanks,
David

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:14 AM, Kornel Benko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2012 um 00:21:38, schrieb vaibhavt
> <[hidden email]>
>
> exists

>> first and try again.
>

>> Done.
>
>> But still same error.
>

> Please check if
>
> /opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCCompiler.cmake.in
>
> exists.
>

> If not, check if you can find CMakeCCompiler.cmake.in under some other path.
>
> Other path ==> cmake installation may be inconsistent (cmake-data belong to
> different cmake version)
>
> else ==> cmake installation may be incomplete (missing cmake-data)
>

> I would reinstall cmake (+ cmake-data)
>

> Kornel

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Re: Downgrade CMake

guillermovelasco
Hi. For uninstall CMake, you must delete following files:

com.Kitware.CMake.bom
com.Kitware.CMake.plist

from harddisk > private > var > db > receipts

It worked for me.

Best regards.

Guillermo Velasco, from Spain