Don't list Up-to-date files during install

Don't list Up-to-date files during install

Jason Beach
When installing files, cmakes prints a list of all files that are to be installed, even if some of those files are already installed and up-to-date (i.e. installed from a previous build).  If the file is not installed or out-of date, cmake prints "Installing: ..." and if a file was already installed and didn't change it prints "Up-to-date: ..."

Is there a way to suppress listing all of the up-to-date files and only show the files that are being installed because they changed?  Some of the libraries we use install a ton of files and if we change only one it's difficult to find and verify that one was installed among the sea of up-to-date files.

Thanks,
Jason

Re: Don't list Up-to-date files during install

Ben Morgan
Hi Jason,

See the CMAKE_INSTALL_MESSAGE variable:

setting this to “LAZY” should do what you want.

Cheers,

Ben.