Quantcast

Does install command have no replace (no overwrite) arguments?

hce

Does install command have no replace (no overwrite) arguments?

hce
Hi,

I am using install command to package configuration files from source to destination, but I don't want to overwrite the configuration files if the files exist in destination. Are there any arguments in install(FILES ...) command to specify NO REPLACE, NO OVERWRITE options to destination installation?

One solution might to use CPACK_RPM_USER_FILELIST to specify %config in rpm spec, but it is only specific rpm package, will have the same problem to debian or other packages, the install command seems better place to do it.

Appreciate any helps.

Thank you.