Custom installation of cmake

CMake mailing list
Hi

I would like to compile cmake source with a non default gcc version. That is, I have built gcc in my home
$ ls tools/gcc-7.1.0/bin/
c++  gcc-ar      gcov-dump                x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc        x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-ranlib
cpp  gcc-nm      gcov-tool                x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-7.1.0
g++  gcc-ranlib  x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-c++  x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-ar
gcc  gcov        x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++  x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-nm

and

$ ls ~/cmake-3.14.6
Auxiliary                   CMakeFiles                  configure             doxygen.config  Source
bootstrap                   CMakeGraphVizOptions.cmake  CONTRIBUTING.rst      Help            Templates
Bootstrap.cmk               CMakeLists.txt              Copyright.txt         Licenses        Tests
CMakeCache.txt              CMakeLogo.gif               CTestConfig.cmake     Modules         Utilities
CMakeCPack.cmake            cmake_uninstall.cmake.in    CTestCustom.cmake.in  Packaging
CMakeCPackOptions.cmake.in  CompileFlags.cmake          DartConfig.cmake      README.rst

In the manual, it is only stated to build cmake with the default options which will install cmake in the system paths.

./bootstrap
make
make install

I want to give it my gcc and install it in my home. How can I do that?

Regards,
Mahmood

Re: Custom installation of cmake

CMake mailing list
OK and how about custom installation path of cmake?

Regards,
Mahmood

On Saturday, October 19, 2019, 4:44:28 PM GMT+3:30, 15 knots <[hidden email]> wrote:

What worked for me, is to add 'ools/gcc-7.1.0/bin/' in front of the
PATh environment variable for the time cmake is invoked. E.g from
bash.
PATH=tools/gcc-7.1.0/bin/;$PATH cmake -G ...

Martin

Re: Custom installation of cmake

CMake mailing list
The easiest way is to specify the custom compiler via the CC and CXX
environment variables.

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 2:19 PM Mahmood Naderan via CMake
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK and how about custom installation path of cmake?
>

> Regards,
> Mahmood
>

> On Saturday, October 19, 2019, 4:44:28 PM GMT+3:30, 15 knots <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> What worked for me, is to add 'ools/gcc-7.1.0/bin/' in front of the
> PATh environment variable for the time cmake is invoked. E.g from
> bash.
> PATH=tools/gcc-7.1.0/bin/;$PATH cmake -G ...
>
> Martin

Re: Custom installation of cmake

Raymond Wan-2
Hi Mahmood,

Did you try typing "./bootstrap --help"?

Perhaps something there is what you need?

Ray

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 2:19 AM Mahmood Naderan via CMake
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK and how about custom installation path of cmake?
>

> Regards,
> Mahmood

Re: Custom installation of cmake

CMake mailing list
Thanks. I found it much easier to use the installer package (.sh file).

I wanted a new gcc for building cmake. since the system default is 4.8.5.
The installer package is available and installed that to my custom folder.

Regards,
Mahmood