Quantcast

Creating List file outputs from each source file

Creating List file outputs from each source file

Thomas Fuller
Hi,

I hope this is a simple question and I'm just missing something fundamental.

I'm trying to emulate a binary build manager for an embedded Cortex-M0 target using a CMake project. I'm having some trouble figuring out how to generate list files for each dependency of my executable target.

The current build system, when compiling a file called main.c passes -Wa,-alh=.\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_493\Debug/main.lst as an argument to gcc. I'd like to do something similar, but I can't figure out how to get CMake to use the current filename being compiled to save the file.

I've looked at the get_filename_component command, but it appears only to get the filename of the output:

add_executable(TestExe main.c)
get_filename_component(curr_name TestExe NAME_WM)
message(${curr_name})

As expected, this prints TestExe instead of the hoped for main

Is there a simple variable I'm overlooking that I could put in my toolchain file's CMAKE_C_FLAGS like -Wa,-alh=${CURR_SOURCE}.lst? Or some other method that I'm not seeing?

System info:

  • Windows 10
  • Msys shell
  • CMake 3.7.2