Cmake support for Csharp?

Sarbak, Joseph
Cmake support for Csharp?

Hello,

This question appears to have asked in the past.  Has there been any new development in support for csharp?

I have a project that is a mix of C, C++, and Csharp, and I would like to manage all builds from one tool: cmake.

Your answers would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Joe Sarbak

This E-Mail (including any attachments) may contain privileged or confidential information.  It is intended only for the addressee(s) indicated above.

The sender does not waive any of its rights, privileges or other protections respecting this information.

Any distribution, copying or other use of this E-Mail or the information it contains, by other than an intended recipient, is not sanctioned and is prohibited.

If you received this E-Mail in error, please delete it and advise the sender (by return E-Mail or otherwise) immediately.

This E-Mail (including any attachments) has been scanned for viruses.

It is believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened.

However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free.

The sender accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

E-Mail received by or sent from RBC Capital Markets is subject to review by Supervisory personnel.

Such communications are retained and may be produced to regulatory authorities or others with legal rights to the information.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  TO COMPLY WITH U.S. TREASURY REGULATIONS, WE ADVISE YOU THAT ANY U.S. FEDERAL TAX ADVISE INCLUDED IN THIS COMMUNICATION IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED, AND CANNOT BE USED, TO AVOID ANY U.S. FEDERAL TAX PENALTIES OR TO PROMOTE, MARKET, OR RECOMMEND TO ANOTHER PARTY ANY TRANSACTION OR MATTER.

Cmake support for Csharp?

Sarbak, Joseph
Cmake support for Csharp?

Hello,  any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[...]

Re: Cmake support for Csharp?

David Cole
There has not been anything done in CMake itself related to C# development. I'm biased against putting in "partial support" for it without full blown generated *.csproj files that support resources, .NET strong name signatures, and everything, so it's a significant chunk of dev work.

However, CMake is very good at building things via custom commands, and the C# compiler is pretty easy to get working with CMake custom commands.

If you need something in the very short term, I'd recommend using custom commands. If you have a longer time frame and funding to make it happen, please contact me off-list for possible contractual arrangement to add C# support to CMake according to your schedule and funding ability.

HTH,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Sarbak, Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Mathieu Malaterre
Joseph,

  You can have a look at what I am doing in GDCM. I can build the C++
library and wrap the interface using SWIG in C#.

Ref:
http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/

  What you really want to look at are the CMake files here:

http://gdcm.svn.sf.net/viewvc/gdcm/trunk/CMake/

  or the bug report:

http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=7918

  I used custom command, but this is still painfull to use to create
the dependencies properly (for parallel make).

HTH

Mathieu