CheckIncludeFile, CheckIncludeFiles, CheckIncludeFileCXX

CheckIncludeFile, CheckIncludeFiles, CheckIncludeFileCXX

Pau Garcia i Quiles
Hello,

What's the difference between CheckIncludeFile and CheckIncludeFiles ?
Implementations are slightly different but they seem to perform the
same exact check

Also, why is there a CheckIncludeFileCXX instead of just having a
language (C or CXX) parameter for CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE? I. e.
"CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE(INCLUDE VARIABLE LANGUAGE)", defaulting to C.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org

Re: CheckIncludeFile, CheckIncludeFiles, CheckIncludeFileCXX

Alexander Neundorf-3
Hi Pau,

On Thursday 30 July 2009, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What's the difference between CheckIncludeFile and CheckIncludeFiles ?
> Implementations are slightly different but they seem to perform the
> same exact check

With CheckIncludeFiles you can give a list of headers, like
check_include_files(foo.h;bar.h HAVE_BAR_H)
while check_include_file() works only with one.
I guess it's the older macro but must be kept for compatibilioty reasons.

> Also, why is there a CheckIncludeFileCXX instead of just having a
> language (C or CXX) parameter for CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE? I. e.
> "CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE(INCLUDE VARIABLE LANGUAGE)", defaulting to C.

I'm not sure there's a real reason, this would have probably been another
valid option.

Greetings :-)
Alex