Cannot find source file.

Tim St. Clair
Do all files *have* to be present during generation? Or is there some
lazy evaluation?

The file it is looking for is one of many gen'd files.  It would be a
pain if I had to update all the command outputs in order to create the
deps.

--
Cheers,
Timothy St. Clair

Re: Cannot find source file.

Tyler Roscoe
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 02:14:28PM -0600, Tim St. Clair wrote:
> Do all files *have* to be present during generation? Or is there some
> lazy evaluation?

Look at the GENERATED property for source files.

> The file it is looking for is one of many gen'd files.  It would be a
> pain if I had to update all the command outputs in order to create the
> deps.

Having well-constructed links between command outputs and dependencies
sounds like a really good idea to me.

tyler

Re: Cannot find source file.

Alexander Neundorf-3
On Thursday 10 December 2009, Tyler Roscoe wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 02:14:28PM -0600, Tim St. Clair wrote:
> > Do all files *have* to be present during generation? Or is there some
> > lazy evaluation?
>
> Look at the GENERATED property for source files.
>
> > The file it is looking for is one of many gen'd files.  It would be a
> > pain if I had to update all the command outputs in order to create the
> > deps.
>
> Having well-constructed links between command outputs and dependencies
> sounds like a really good idea to me.

Yes, it's even necessary. If your add_custom_commands() don't list all the
files they generate and if not all generated files are listed as sources for
the target which needs them then the dependencies will be incomplete, and
builds (or at least parallel builds) will break.

Alex

Re: Cannot find source file.

Tim St. Clair
I would contend that this should be a warning vs. an error, which
prevents generation.

Cheers,
Tim

--