CUDA support- no way to set GPUDebugInfo to be False ?

CUDA support- no way to set GPUDebugInfo to be False ?

Hancox, James

Hi,

I’m working on porting an existing FindCUDA project over to using the new CMake built-in CUDA support, with Visual Studio 15.4.1, CUDA 9.0.176, and CMake 3.10.0. I am currently trying to find a way to disable the -G compilation flag for NVCC with Debug builds. (Due to the nature of our code, building with -G set takes an inordinately long time and still produces terrible debug info, so we prefer to leave it off- but we still want Debug builds so that we can easily debug CPU side code.)

Unfortunately by default the Nvidia CUDA plugin for Visual Studio sets -G by default for debug builds. Disabling it requires the addition of

<GPUDebugInfo>false</GPUDebugInfo>

to the <CudaCompile> section of the .vcxproj file. I can’t currently find any way to do this through Cmake. Have I missed something obvious, or is this not a supported feature?

Many thanks,

James Hancox

Re: CUDA support- no way to set GPUDebugInfo to be False ?

Robert Maynard
This is an oversight rather than an unsupported feature. Can you