CTest extra tests

Adam Getchell
Hello all,

I’m running into unexpected behavior when using CTest.

First, I define the list of tests that I want to run in my CMakeLists.txt:

However, it generates two extra tests:

┌─[adam][hapkido][±][develop {1} ][~/CDT-plusplus/build]
└─▪ ctest -N
Test project /Users/adam/CDT-plusplus/build
  Test  #1: cdt-gv
  Test  #2: build_target_cdt-gv
  Test  #3: CDT-Usage
  Test  #4: CDT-3Donly
  Test  #5: CDT-Simplices
  Test  #6: CDT-Timeslices
  Test  #7: CDT-3Dtriangle
  Test  #8: CDT-MinimalS3
  Test  #9: CDT-S3Runs
  Test #10: CDT-unit-tests

Total Tests: 10

I’d like to get rid of these first two autogenerated tests, because #1 fails. Where/how are these being generated/defined?

I’m aware that I can just filter using ctest -E, but I’d like to make it easy for the other contributors (and my CI) by making `ctest` just work.

Thanks for any pointers.

Cheers,
Adam

On Mar 20, 2018, at 9:45 AM, Bill Hoffman <[hidden email]> wrote:

Must be coming from some macro, cmake does not automatically add any tests.  You could run cmake --trace and look at the output and find out where the add_test call is coming from.

Thanks, that was it!

The create_single_source_cgal_program() macro was the culprit.

Thanks for the pointer to cmake --trace