CTest and grouped test with custom_target

CTest and grouped test with custom_target

Roman Savchenko
Hi all,

I whant create goups of test and add them to custom targets, e.g.

//unit test
add_custom_target(check-unit "COMMAND ${CMAKE_CTEST_COMMAND} --output-on-failure")
add_test_to_target(check-unit ${TEST1})

//integration tests
add_custom_target(check-integration "COMMAND ${CMAKE_CTEST_COMMAND} --output-on-failure")
add_test_to_target((check-integration ${TEST1})

How can I implement such logic?

Many tanks,
R. Savchenko.

Re: CTest and grouped test with custom_target

Nils Gladitz-2
On 06/09/2015 11:48 AM, Roman Savchenko wrote:

> I whant create goups of test and add them to custom targets, e.g.
>
> //unit test
> add_custom_target(check-unit "COMMAND ${CMAKE_CTEST_COMMAND}
> --output-on-failure")
> add_test_to_target(check-unit ${TEST1})
>
> //integration tests
> add_custom_target(check-integration "COMMAND ${CMAKE_CTEST_COMMAND}
> --output-on-failure")
> add_test_to_target((check-integration ${TEST1})
>
> How can I implement such logic?

Untested but something like ...

   function(add_test_to_target label)
    set_property(TARGET ${ARGN} APPEND PROPERTY LABELS ${label})
   endfunction()

   add_custom_target(check-integration "COMMAND ${CMAKE_CTEST_COMMAND}
-L check-integration --output-on-failure")

   add_test_to_target(check-integration ${TEST1})

Nils

Re: CTest and grouped test with custom_target

Nils Gladitz-2
On 06/09/2015 12:09 PM, Nils Gladitz wrote:

Addendum ... don't quote the entire commandline; quote individual
arguments (or omit quotes):

   add_custom_target(check-integration COMMAND ${CMAKE_CTEST_COMMAND} -L