CPackWIX and MS Visual Studio Redistributable *.MSM

CPackWIX and MS Visual Studio Redistributable *.MSM

Matwey V. Kornilov
Hello,

What is recommended way to locate and merge MS redistributable *.msm
file into final *.msi installer produced by CPack and WIX?

It seems to be a quite common task but I cannot find any mention.

Re: CPackWIX and MS Visual Studio Redistributable *.MSM

Nils Gladitz-2
On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Matwey V. Kornilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

What is recommended way to locate and merge MS redistributable *.msm file into final *.msi installer produced by CPack and WIX?

It seems to be a quite common task but I cannot find any mention.

 I've never tried this myself.

You probably already found:

Perhaps the patch mechanism in the WIX generator can be used to insert the required snippets into the generated XML:

I don't outright know where the msm files are stored or what would be the best way to locate them.

I suppose it might not be that common in a CMake context because it would be CPack generator and compiler specific while the competing https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/module/InstallRequiredSystemLibraries.html is both generator and compiler agnostic.

Nils